A man is what he wears. Every occasion calls for an attire, and choosing your attire carefully is a characteristic of a gentleman. Whether the event is a formal one or a casual one, your best go-to garment is a shirt. There are many types of shirts for every occasion. You can choose yours, based on your preferences and lifestyle. A dress shirt is a great choice, and you can wear it for both formal and casual events.
Dress shirts are the type of shirts that are both, practical and elegant. It has a collar, long sleeves and cuffs, and is a button-up shirt. The shirt is 55 per cent cotton broadcloth and 45 per cent polyester. By dyeing it into various colours and designing it, it can determine the formal or casual look of the shirt. The shirts can give vibes of both, a graceful professional look and a party look. Dress shirts comes in a slim fit form, and are popularly known as trimmed dress shirts.
Trimmed dress shirts are the new trend in the fashion industry. Dress shirts fit well and define the physique of a body. You can pair it up with a jacket, or leave it as such, and still remarkably stand out in a place. The fabric is pretty and decent, and absorbs the sweat and keeps you cool. It is very comfortable and is known for it’s adaptability to various occasions and events. Although, it is basically a slim fit form of shirt, it offers bigger sizes that can be comfortable for plus size men while maintaining an elegant look.
FEATURES OF A GOOD TRIMMED DRESS SHIRT
- SIZE – The shirts come in five sizes, ranging from small (S) to double extra large (2XL). Although, it is a general opinion that men look good in loose shirts, trimmed dress shirts crashes the shirt-size-biasing, and gives a better look than any other dress shirt.
- COLOUR – The shirts are usually dyed in solid colours to give the best look. Solid colour shirts are good for adaptability to any occasion. They are also good at pairing up with other garments. Solid colours also give a graceful and gentleman look.
- FABRIC – The shirts are made of a mixture of cotton and polyester. These shirts are comfortable to wear and keep you cool at all times. You can always pair it up with a jacket, if it’s a colder season. The solid colour of the fabric go well with jackets too. The fabric is light in weight and easy to maintain.
- WRIST CUFFS – The colour and the designs of the wrist cuffs go well with the trimmed dress shirt. The cuff links come with a design that matches well with the solid colour of the dress shirt and also look great if worn with a jacket.
- COLLAR – The collars are button-up type. A trimmed dress shirt’s collar defines the attire well, when worn with a tie or a bow. The pairing up of the shirt with a tie or a bow, works well and gives an excellent look.
WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR IN A TRIMMED DRESS SHIRT
The best trimmed dress shirt is the one that is comfortable to you, suits your lifestyle and your preferences. Things to look out for, while choosing the best trimmed dress shirt for you are it’s fit, colour, cuff style, quality, and price.
- FIT – Trimmed dress shirts are slim fit type of shirts, that are usually abandoned by the plus size population. They think a slim fit shirt might define the plus size physique, which they think wouldn’t look really good. However, trimmed dress shirts come in different sizes up to triple extra large, which although, uses a smaller fabric to be fashionable, yet is comfortable if you choose the right fit.
- COLOUR – The trimmed dress shirts are made of fabric that are much suitable to be dyed in solid colours. Among the solid colours, go for the one that best suits your skin tone.
- IF YOU’VE A PALE SKIN TONE ALONGWITH DARK HAIR, YOU SHOULD GO FOR VIBRANT COLOURS.
- IF YOU ARE TANNED WITH DARK HAIR, YOU SHOULD GO FOR SHADES OF RED OR GREEN.
- IF YOU’VE A LIGHT SKIN TONE WITH LIGHTER SHADE OF HAIR, YOU SHOULD GO FOR SHADES OF BEIGE.
- IF YOU’VE A DARK TONE OF SKIN AND DARK HAIR, YOU SHOULD GO FOR VIBRANT COLOURS.
- IF YOU’VE A MEDIUM-DARK SKIN TONE ALONGWITH DARK HAIR, YOU SHOULD GO FOR MEDIUM CONTRAST SHADES.
- CUFF STYLE – The wrist cuffs of a trimmed shirt dress is the most exposed part of the shirt dress. If you wear a jacket on a shirt dress, it must suit the jacket as it can be visible. Choose a trimmed dress shirt that has wrist cuffs of designs that suit your jacket, and give a professional look while maintaining an elegant look.
- QUALITY – The most important thing that you need to look out for in a trimmed dress shirt is it’s quality. Choose a shirt that has the best quality and durability. Trimmed dress shirts are dress shirts created by experts, and are a little bit pricey. So, make sure you check it’s quality and durability, so that it doesn’t get worn out quickly.
- PRICE – Trimmed dress shirts are usually a little pricey. Go for one that is cost efficient and effective.
WHY TO GO FOR LA MODE MEN’S TRIMMED DRESS SHIRTS
La Mode’s trimmed dress shirts fit in all the qualities of a good trimmed dress shirt. It has amazing solid colours of apple green, turquoise, red, and magenta. They are made of 55 per cent of cotton and 45 per cent of polyester. The single need tailoring is a great feature that guarantees a long durability of the trimmed dress shirt. The trimmed dress shirts come in sizes that range from small to double extra large. The shirt dresses are affordable, cost efficient and effective.
DO’S AND DON’TS
- WASH THE TRIMMED DRESS SHIRTS SEPARATELY IN A WASHING MACHINE.
- WASH IN COLD WATER.
- IF YOU WANT TO USE BLEACH, USE ONLY NON-CHLORINE BLEACH.
- IF YOU WANT TO IRON, USE WARM IRON.
- DON’T DRY IN A MACHINE. INSTEAD, LINE DRY.